Friday, October 3, 2008

Weird Dreams again

I had another weird dream last night, only I didn't want to wake up. I wanted to finish the dream.

I was in another country, where I met M at a bar. She had been waiting for me and three different guys had hit on her. When I arrived, we took a seat at a tall table next to the bar. I asked her what country we were in and she said Paris. I thought that we were in Germany because beer was all around. Some guy bought M a drink. I was telling her how I felt like drinking beer, but I wanted one that was light, when an Asian guy sitting at the bar who spoke English, bought me a drink called Maverick. It wasn't beer. It was clear, but it didn't taste strong.

It was then that I heard a familiar voice--one that belongs to the publisher of my company. I looked over M to see her, my boss, and two of our sales reps sitting at a table by the window. Of course my immediate reaction was 'I shouldn't be drinking,' followed by 'what are they doing here?' I told M and tried to duck down so that they couldn't see me.

Then M started talking about how busy she was with the caterer, and planning this or that. It was then that I noticed she was wearing a ring. Only it was very ugly. It was metal, no diamond, not even gold or shiny. And it was on her ring finger. I looked at her in the eye and said, "holy crap, are you engaged?" And she said, yes, I am. Jake asked me and I said yes. "When did he ask you?" "Oh, it was that day he picked me up from the airport and took me to Chipotle. I guess I didn't mention it." I felt hurt.

I think I told her congratulations, but the next part I remember was that I was standing on the sidewalk of a busy intersection. Cars were jammed up everywhere, and my Dad and brother asked me to go with them up in a hot air balloon. At first I said yes, but then when I saw the balloon, and saw how huge it was, and how it was landing right in the middle of traffic, I changed my mind, and said no. I was too scared. And that's how the dream ended.

I always have vivid dreams, but usually some of the stuff that appears in my dream comes from reality, whether it be something I watched on TV or a comment a friend made. Rarely do I look things up in dream dictionaries, but for the fun of it, I have done just that.

To dream that you are at a bar, signifies your desire to escape from the stresses of your daily life and retreat into a light-hearted environment where pleasure abounds. Alternatively, you are seeking for acceptance in some aspect of your daily life.
(I'm not sure what sort of acceptance I need from my daily life, but I can say that I have been stressed lately.)

Apparently my reference to a hot air balloon means that I've been depressed. I don't agree with that diagnoisis. I have been sad or lonely but that doesn't mean depressed, right? Anyways, here's what the dream dictionary says:
To see or dream that you are in a hot air balloon, suggests that it is time to overcome your depression. The dream may be a metaphor indicating that you are losing your ground or your foothold on some situation/problem. Alternatively, it represents the process of individuation and your quest to fulfill some spiritual needs. You feel the need to be elevated in someone's eyes.


Hopefully I have better dreams tonight.

No comments: