Saturday, October 4, 2008

Care Package for One

I remember how cool it was to get mail while I was in college. Half the time my mailbox was empty; the other half it was filled with spam, but on those times that I did get a letter from Grandma or a package slip--those were the best.

My brother is a sophomore in college and is attending Northeastern State University--yes the same one that Carrie Underwood went to. He's on a soccer scholarship. I didn't send him anything last year, but this year I'm determined to send him a care package. Granted, I meant to send it last month, but as the saying goes, better late than never, right?

I called him to get some guidelines of what he would like, so here's the list:
  1. Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
  2. Tortilla Chips
  3. Queso dip
  4. Double-stuffed Oreos
  5. A CU t-shirt
  6. A pair of Skull Candy headphones
  7. A Carls Jr. gift card (compliments of mi madre)
I figure I'll round up the items today or tomorrow and then send it out next week. I did get him a CU shirt on my lunch hour yesterday from T-Galaxy. And I figure I'll get the rest of the supplies from the store soon.

Anything else I'm forgetting?

1 comment:

Kitt said...

How nice! I'm sure he'll be delighted. I'll bet an iTunes gift card would be welcome, too. You can get them online or at any Apple store. Or save that for a future gift.

Welcome to NaBloWriMo!