Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Mix of Everything

Marie & I

I visited my lil friend Marie last night. It was my first time meeting with her alone, but things went really well. I told her I had a present to give her (a framed picture of us), and she said "I don't know how to accept presents." It was cute. Once she saw it, she looked at it and said "I don't like the way I look in this picture. I never used to look this way." She's really funny. We talked about her four sons and she showed me pictures of her visit with them in Texas from 2001. We talked about politics too, and she showed me The Progressive, which I have never seen before. It was a good visit, and it went by fast too. I stayed for over an hour because I wanted to. I'm planning on seeing her next week, and for Christmas I want to get her a holiday mug or cup, and a snowglobe.

After driving home in the rain, I painted my nails. I used a new bottle of nail polish that I had gotten last year from Ulta. It's pink with glitter! I feel like I'm 13 again. But it works, and it dried fast and I didn't care about smudging it. I'll probably put on some "grown up" nail polish later when I have more time. I'm thinking a nice fall color--like maroon.

Today has gone by swimmingly. Ha, funny I mention swimming because I did just that in my dream last night. It was the coolest thing ever--I was in a pool and in the water there were bunches of colorful fishes. I remember swimming alongside an angel fish and seeing a jellyfish and one other kind, but they all had rainbow colors on them. And I remember being very excited that I could hold my breath for a long time and swim. The water was also calm in my dream and I just seemed to float along. It was cool!

But back to today. On my lunch hour, I went outside. My intention was to journal by the creek, but that didn't exactly happen. Instead I sat on my favorite rock and watched the ducks swimming in the creek. I even had a squirrel come up to me. Like, almost touching me. I think he thought I might have food, because an old man down the path was feeding the ducks some bread and the squirrels some peanuts. While I thought it was cool that the squirrel could come so close and not be afraid of me, I was also afraid of getting bit so I moved around and the squirrel moved along too. As I was about to start writing, a big gust of wind came and blew bunches of leaves all around. I'd like to classify this phenomenon as a leaf storm. Instead of walking away and seeking shelter, I stayed put and let the leaves pelt me and let me hair fly all around in the wind. It was seriously so fun--I laughed. I laughed hard, and loud. And I'm sure people stared, but at that moment, it was great. I felt like a kid.

No comments: