Thursday, October 2, 2008

Writers Block?

Sometimes I have so many different thoughts and story ideas for my book in my head, but the minute I pull out a pad of paper and a pen, they all disappear. I don't know if I am holding myself back or if I have writers block, but I figure the only way to get out of this rut I'm in is to push myself. Push myself to write something down, and maybe the rest will follow. That sometimes happens with blogging too. I'll have this great issue I want to explore or write about or just a great story to tell, but then I don't do anything about it, and the more time passes, the more I don't think it was important or interesting, so I just let it go. It's a bad habit!

I'm reading L's second novel called Karmically Yours about a girl and boy who meet and then develop an e-friendship. The boy ends up falling for the girl, but never tells her how he feels. The girl gets engaged to her best friend. I have about 90 pages left to read, so that's all I can say at this point.

Speaking of reading, I'm thinking of joining a book club. I want to find one that reads modern fiction and not the classics. I don't want to read Jane Austen or Shakespeare--I want to read Richard Murphy, Diane Mott Davidson, or James Patterson. I do have a couple coworkers who are in one--not sure if they are in different ones or not, but I figured they might be a good place to start.

No comments: