Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Recap

Wow I can't believe another week has passed already. I mean seriouslyyy, where the heck does the time go? Although, I'm glad it is a new week and so far it has been nothing like last week. Ick. Work has slowed down a bit. I suppose I should give ya'll my weekend recap so here it is:

Friday: Came home & vegged on the couch. Watched reality tv and lost some brain cells.

Saturday: Slept in, stayed in my pjs all day...but I did get my taxes done!!! I used Tax Act because it was cheaper than Turbo Tax. And really, it just took me forever because I kept second guessing myself. And my uncle taught me about deductions. I do owe on my Federal, but I also get a bigger refund from the state, so it all evens out. Then made chicken scampi with M and drank wine and watched tv and painted my nails.

Sunday: Woke up at the obnoxious hour of 7am. Why? I have no idea. I think I was nervous for my date. Date you ask? Yeah, I had one. *shrugs* Since I woke up early, I had plenty of time to get ready and then drove downtown. We were supposed to meet at 10:30 at the art museum but that didn't happen exactly. Turns out the museum was hosting some special photo seminar for National Geographic Traveler, so they didn't open till noon.

To kill time we walked around and then on the way back, he had the brilliant idea of popping into the liquor store to get some booze, eating some lunch, and then going to the museum tipsy. I was game, because it reminded me of senior year of college when I'd have Wine Wednesdays before staff meetings. But back to the date. We walked in the liquor store which was playing some Jesus music, and the cashier had his mini chihuahua dog. I got a pint of Smirnoff vodka, and he opted for Barcardi rum. Then we made our way to Tokyo Joe's where we ate and drank "lemonade."

After that we walked back to the museum, but only after he took a picture of me standing underneath a huge cow sculpture. Lovely. We explored the museum, and time really did fly. And it was really fun. I'll never think of the museum in the same way. Midway through the museum I somehow agreed to watch WALL-E, which was not disappointed with. And we grabbed more booze at the liquor store and ate Quiznos for din din. It was definitely the longest date I've ever had, but I'd see him again.

Monday: Am slightly hungover, but ate a greasy $5 burger at lunch with preggers coworker and my meeting got cancelled. Wahoo. Lookin forward to watching the Bachelor tonight and getting to bed early.

p.s. I hate having the shakes when I'm hungover. I googled it and apparently having the shakes means it's really alcohol withdrawl. yuck.

No comments: