Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl Sunday

I met M at Kristen's for the sleepover last night. We ate dinner at Wahoo's Fish Taco. After dinner we watched Swing Vote, the Kevin Costner movie while we painted our nails and used the dead sea mask M got us from Israel. It was comforting to be around such good company, and it helped me forget about my dad's departure.

After leaving Kristen's, I went to a Superbowl party. I was hesitant to go, but I'm glad I went. An old old coworker of mine invited me. We haven't seen each other in probably two-three years. I get evites from her but I've never gone. It was nice to see her and to meet new people. I met one of her coworkers who's in a book club! So I'm excited to attend. We exchanged info and the next meeting is on Monday. The book of the week (or month) is The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz.

No comments: