Monday, February 9, 2009

Emotional

I'm exhausted. And I have my first book club meeting tonight. I finished half of it. All I want is sleep, lots and lots of sleep.

This weekend I attended a women's only retreat in Allenspark, CO. It was definitely nice to get away. It's hard to describe my weekend in words because alot of it was emotional. Both good and bad. I was both introspective and reflective. I learned more about myself. I realized that I am an emotional person, and that lately I haven't allowed myself to feel. I've just stuffed, ignored, or denied them. So now that I realize where I am, I'm going to make more of a conserted effort to recognize how I'm feeling and not force myself to do things just because I had plans. Like tonight, I am feeling tired, and I want deep sleep, but I'm going to book club. I have no idea how long but I made myself a deal--go for an hour, and then come home and sleep. And that is what I will do.

It's amazing how quick and fast, and busy our lives get, sometimes even without our permission. I am thankful for this weekend--even if I am tired, and emotionally spent, I think I needed it. And I know I will feel refreshed sometime soon, but until then, I'm taking each day at a time.

No comments: