Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Updates 4, 5...

So after my terribly gone wrong convo with L, I needed to talk to someone. I wished that S was around but alas, he was out in KS attending a wedding. On a side note, I just find it so ironic that the minute he skips town for a week, all of this stuff, both personal and professional, crops up. It's like, I know I can survive without him, but I just missed him. I would've liked to have called him when I was upset about the car situation, or tell him about the fight with L. It would've just been nice to see someone else's perspective. That's all. But I couldn't rely on him, so I went to SA instead...

SA was online as well, and so I decided to say hi. We haven't really talked much either, mostly because she is self absorbed, and well, it doesn't really matter what you say because you don't get any feedback. Somehow I told her about the convo with L, and how I must be a bad friend to neglect one of my best friends in a foreign country that was supposed to be our adventure. Surprisingly, she actually listened! And she was very engaged with me, she even gave me encouragement and totally reassured me that I am in a good person and a good friend how much she misses me. She told me to not pay attention to drama, because it's overrated. Of course I told her, how can I NOT pay attention to this when my best friend says so? But, I did take her suggestion to heart, and tried to stay positive. She even asked me what my weekend plans were and told me to have a great time at the concert. For someone who is SA, she sure was a friend when I needed one.

No comments: