Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'll say a little prayer for you.....

I am having trouble today dealing with Floozy. I swear, everytime my boss leaves and puts her in charge, she acts as if she's queen of the world. I don't like that she hovers over me, and triple checks things that I do. I'm not a child! I know what I'm doing! That's what I want to say. The exchange below shows just how annoying she can be.

Floozy makes herself at home and sits down
"Courtney, as you know Kristin is out until July 7th."
Me: "Ah, yes, I realize that. Bonnie reminded me."
Floozy: "Well, I'm going to be out all of next week too."
Me: "Oh, next week?"
Floozy leans over my desk and points to the calendar for next week
Floozy: "Yah, this week right here."
Me: "Oh, ok."
Floozy: "Yah and Bonnie is leaving for a trip on Wednesday, so she'll be out as well."
Me: "Oh."
Floozy: "Yah, so it's important that you come into the office the next week as you will be the only contact here."
Me: "Oh, no problem. I will be here. I'm not taking any days off next week."
Floozy: "Yah, you need to be here four days next week."
Me: "Four?"
Floozy points to the calendar again
Floozy: "Yah, we get the 4th of July off. It's a holiday."
Me: "Oh, right. Of course. Well, I'll be here."
Floozy: "Okay, just wanted to make sure."

SERIOUSLY! I am going nuts today with her. She's the only co-worker I can't stand in the office. I know I need to just have patience, but it's extremely hard to do that when she keeps triple checking everything I do, and walks into my office every 20 minutes. So that scenario above was from this morning. Then this afternoon, I'm walking back to my desk carrying groceries and my lunch (a salad) when she's like "oh, what'd you get?" Food? Duh! Anyways, she again reminds me that we need this missing cutline for this image. I reassure her I've already called the gallery. I spend all afternoon working on it, get the title, and all she says is "Great, thanks for really jumping on that." Seriously?? Um, okay.

So anyways, the only thing that has kept me sane today is the Serenity Prayer, which is down below and insert my own commentary.

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change; (Floozy)
courage to change the things I can; (my attitude towards Floozy)
and wisdom to know the difference. (That I am right and that she is wrong)

Living one day at a time; (thank you for today)
Enjoying one moment at a time; (enjoying gmail chat with L and SA)
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; (I will be the better person & not stoop to her level)
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it; (He is truly awesome)
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will; (That is why I'm praying now)
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen. (AMEN!)

--Reinhold Niebuhr




No comments: