Monday, June 16, 2008

It's a Monday...

It definitely feels like a Monday. Today seemed to go by really slow, but somehow it's already 1pm. I have a meeting at 2, and need to finish my book review column, which I just have one book left to review. Perhaps this day will be over before I know it. I have to run some errands--mainly exchange my headphones I got at Target (they don't fit in my ears right), and get gas from Costco. I should also get an oil change this week, so I'll do that on Thursday.

I had a good weekend--didn't do much Friday, just cooked and watched tv and read some of this book I'm reading called French Trysts, which is about a courtesan set in Paris. It was odd because all week I was excited to have alone time on Friday, but then when I had it, I didn't want it after all.

Saturday I woke up early to finish the book, and then went off to B's bridal shower. I was supposed to go to Kristen's (old cuse buddy) bbq at 5, but the bridal shower had just ended at that point, so I didn't go. However, M and I got dressed up and took the bus to Boulder and met up with her and others. Kristen really wanted to dance, so we ended up going to three different bars till she settled on Round Midnight. I'd never been there before, and when we got there at like 10:30, it wasn't crowded. There was an old guy dancing by himself--I think he was high. Anyways, it turned out to be a great night, lots of dancing, and I'm glad I went.

On Sunday, I went over to my aunt's house with the fam for Father's Day. I really wanted to go to the pool but that didn't happen. But I did have an alright time at the aunt's. Lots of gossip per usual, and drinking. We stayed there for awhile, then went back to the parent's house and watched Andrew play Madden on Wii. Then finally headed home, watched an episode of Army Wives and crashed.

At my aunt's, my uncle and dad gave me crap about how I need to switch jobs and make more money. I told them, "I know...but I'm waiting till I figure out what it is I want to do." I think that's a valid reason, I mean why go out and switch jobs if you hate it? My uncle said as long as you're making more money, you can survive that job, stick with it for a year, and then switch to something you like. I disagree, because if I'm not happy, why do it? That's the one thing I remember from Billy Joel's commencement speech. He said "Do what you love, and love what you do." I know, it's easier said than done, but I think that is possible. All I have to do now is figure out what else I love to do besides reading and talking on tape recorders.

No comments: