Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm cheap, I'll admit it

The best part about Sundays besides sleeping in is looking at the ads. I love getting up and looking at the Sunday paper because of the coupons. I have a thing for coupons. I always have. I don't know if I got it from my grandma, but I know for sure I didn't inherit it from my mother. She thinks I'm crazy. And maybe I am acting like an old person by clipping out coupons every week, but I happen to enjoy it.

I get real satisfaction when I save money, even if it's just .35 cents off a candy bar, or a box of pasta. I even use coupons at the store. New York & Company is a big weakness of mine. I constantly have coupons in my inbox from them. And my newest obsession is Old Navy Weekly, because they make hunting for the coupons like a scavenger hunt, and I play to win. For example, by clicking on the fire pit, I got a 15% off coupon. But I know I can do better, so I clicked around, and upgraded my coupon to $5 off my purchase of $50 or more. I'm just getting started...

I realize that I am a prime example of advertising and marketing working at its best, but as long as I am saving money, I don't mind at all.

What's your newest obsession?

No comments: