Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm ready...

I'm ready to make mistakes. Up until now, I've lead a pretty innocent, carefree life. But lately I've been wondering if I've actually been living life, or letting life pass me by. Or maybe I'm meant to be innocent and good. Or maybe I'm just too smart to make mistakes. I don't know, but I do know that I'm ready to make mistakes; I figure that I might as well make them now while I'm in my 20s, rather than waiting till my 30s.

I've already forewarned M about it, and I have yet to have the same convo with my parents. I figure if they know upfront that I'm going to be less than perfect from now on, they won't be as harsh on me. After all, I am the oldest, so I'm supposed to be responsible, right? I think I've had enough pressure on myself to be this perfect daughter, especially when my 19-year-old brother is certainly less than perfect, yet they love him the same amount. I have this flaw of people pleasing, and I'm about ready to chuck it out the window. Granted, I will not lose my inability to reason, and I won't do things I don't want to do, like smoke weed or any cigarettes (yuck!). But I will push myself. I will challenge myself, and above all, learn from every mistake and experience I make, because then I can have self-growth--is that's what your 20s are for? To "find" yourself? Well, I'm ready. Bring it on.

Have you all ever wanted to make mistakes?

No comments: