Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekend Recap

This weekend wasn't eventful in the slightest. If anything I learned that I am a lightweight drinker, should not lay down and text at the same time, and I need a vacation.


Friday- Came home from work and flopped on my bed and took a nap. Then attempted to make plans with a friend when my phone died. Needless to say I ended up eating kettle corn while watching my brothers play Wii. But I did stay up till midnight, so that's a win in my book.

Saturday- Slept in, hung around the house for awhile, and watched my tv shows--Project Runway, Real Housewives of Orange County (which I'm seriously beginning to hate) and Top Chef. Hey, I never said I had good taste in tv shows, but it felt good to just not think for awhile.

In the afternoon, I decided to make my first pumpkin pie, using the #1 rated pie recipe on Allrecipes.com! Yeah, I haven't tried it yet, and my mom bought cinnamon pumpkin pie from the Honey Baked Ham store, so I guess I'm taking this to work tomorrow. I think it should be decent, I mean, I followed the recipe, so really, how hard can it be to screw it up?


Now all I need is some whipped cream...

After pie making I imbibed my current beer of choice: Avery's White Rascal. I only had one, and it put me to sleep. Literally. I was supposed to go out drinking but I never heard my phone, and ended up waking up at 11:30pm. After texting my friend an apology, I rolled over and went back to sleep.


Sunday- Woke up at a ridiculously early time--7:30, bright eyed and bushy tailed (so to speak). Went to the early mass, where I sat next to a woman who's daughter I went to grade school with, and saw another old lady who was at the banquet I went to last weekend. It was eerie. After church I came home and helped my mom make breakfast--eggs, potatoes, and toast. It was good. After breakfast I was completely bored so I actually folded my laundry and put it away. It's literally been sitting in my basket for oh, two weeks now. I took the dog for a walk. Then I went to Costco and got gas, and a few groceries. I bought my brother his Christmas present too--Sonic the Hedgehog for Wii. Personally I have always loved Sonic since Sega, but that's here nor there. The rest of the night I showered, read a contemporary romance novel about a lawyer and a famous Hollywood actor, and ate dinner. Exciting life I lead, I know.

What was the highlight of your weekend?

No comments: