Thursday, September 3, 2009

Flyin' by...

This week has flown by for me. Tuesday I saw that murder mystery play with Steve, who I used to like alot. We went to celebrate my birthday. The play was really good, I would see it again. And it was nice to see what he's been up to (read: not much). Last night I caught up with M over dinner at Red Robin, where we talked a bunch. Twas good times. Tonight I'm not going to do anything special really, just keep hunting for my lost bus pass and Costco card.

The job interview I had yesterday went well. At least I think so. The guy just sat there and asked me a bizillon questions for an hour. I felt confident and thought I asked good questions. He has other people to interview, so I won't know if I made the next round until the end of next week. And he said ideally, the person who filled the position wouldn't start until end of September/Beginning of October, which is perfect. Why? Because on Sept. 21, the boss of our "community" is coming into town. Everytime he's come into the office, someone has gotten laid off. First it was our publisher, then it was the graphic designer, and then it was production... So, essentially, I'm preparing myself for getting laid off, because by now, we can't lay off the art person because she's the only one left in that dept. Which means that it has to be someone from my department and I'm the lowest one on the totem pole. Sooooo...ideal situation would be, get laid off, take severance package, and then start the new job come October. Let's just hope I get the position either way, k? K.

Ummmm other than that, nothing else to really shout about. I'm glad the long weekend is coming up.

(Wow this was a boring entry. I think I should take a nap now)

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Yay, I'm glad the interview went well for you! Best of luck with the job situation...

And you still haven't found the bus pass?? I hope it turns up soon!

(TGIAF...thank god it's ALMOST friday!)

Andhari said...

Aww :( I'm sure its not gonna be you, nor that you're the lowest on the totem pole but taking extra measures is always good, I like how prepared you are.

Wish you a relaxing weekend :)