Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Recap

Wow I haven't posted in forever. Work has been crazy, I have been pretty much on the phone all day since last week, calling people.

The weekend was good. I went to Beth's birthday party on Friday. We went out to dinner at La Fogata for Mexican food. It was defintely good and affordable. I had a steak quesadilla and took half of it home. Plus they have a good house margarita. Then we headed back to the house for cake and games. It was fun!

Saturday I caught up on tv - Gossip Girl, Rescue Me, and the Real Housewives of New York reunion show - and then went to Mayfest, this town festival, with Drea, my laid off & pregnant coworker. She bought me Hello Kitty pens!! I was seriously so so excited. I can't wait to use them! I also got kinda sunburned without even realizing it. At the festival we saw these dogs that would fetch frisbees, so I got one for Hailey, and tried to make her fetch one when I got home, but she wasn't into it at all. She barked more at the squirrels, and then when she had the frisbee, she ran aroudn the yard playing chase and wouldn't give back to me. I'm still convinced tho, that she can be trained. I'll just have to bribe her to practice more.

Sunday I met up with M for brunch. We went to Lucille's this really cute southern restaurant in Boulder. I tried grits for the first time, and we had these fried donuts with powdered sugar on them. So so good! I'd totally go back again. After that we caught up and wandered around Pearl Street Mall. After that, I went to a graduation party for a family friend. And I gotta tell ya, I've never felt so old. I saw a few people I used to babysit when they still wore diapers, now in highschool. Even my brother's friends are almost done with college. It really hit me that I'm like getting older. Not that I really care, it was just really like *bam* you're old. Haha, but not at least i'm not as old as my parents. haha.

I'm looking forward to this week, because my brother gets back from college today, and my dad is coming home for a week on Thursday. It'll definitely be a full house this week, but I don't mind.

How was your weekend?

No comments: