I think I am slowly emerging from the funk. I even took off Friday. Well, here's the real reason. Over the weekend, I figured I needed to deal with the whole catastrophe that is my life. Meaning, the Seattle trip. So I created an account on tripadvisor.com and posted about hostels. Yes, I've never stayed in one, but I figured, for $37/night plus the $2 fee to rent a lock, that can't be bad right? That is assuming I am going. After one text and a phone call message, I finally heard back from SA (self absorbed) and she said she would just pay me for my flight. Which is totally correct, she was the one that screwed me over, so she should pay up. Only, the catch is that she has to wait till Friday when she gets paid. Here's where the little voice in my head is saying what if she doesn't give you the money? Which makes me think that I should go. Yea, all by myself. L thinks that SA isn't stupid enough to waste an entire friendship over this...I hope she's right. My other friend thinks I should go either way, and if my friend pays up, great. If she doesn't, no biggie, since I've already gone. I would feel sorta bad if I got paid for a flight I took, but at the same time, this is the second time this person has flaked out on me...
Here's my running pro/con list...
- I'll be spending time alone, which is what I've been wanting lately
- Gain the frequent flier miles
- Take a trip by myself, which I've never done before.
- I could stay in a hostel, which would also be a first or I could pony up a few more dollars and stay at the Moore Hotel.
- I will be spending more money, because I won't have the luxury of splitting costs with anyone.
- I need to find a place to stay like STAT, cuz we all know I like having a plan.
- I might be lonely.
- If I don't go, and I don't get the money from SA, I'll be screwed.