Thursday, May 7, 2009

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

I hate liars. I consider myself to be an honest person, and expect the same in return, especially with friends. I have few close friends in my inner circle that I trust completely, so when things don't go as planned, well, it's a huge disappointment. Case in point: my friend who ditched me with this whole Seattle trip. Well, I happened to look at her Facebook page, and lo and behold, what do I find? Oh, two people wrote on her wall asking her how her CRUISE was. Yea, apparently she's on a cruise this week. She's soooo busy yachting around in the ocean that she doesn't have time to go to Seattle with a friend she's known since college. It's things like this that really hit my buttons. How hard would it have been to just have an honest conversation? It's totally better than finding out from a 3rd party. Seriously.

If anything I've learned my lesson. One: Don't make any more traveling plans with SA. Two: Seattle's going to be even that much more awesome. Three: Treat others the way you want to be treated.

2 comments:

Andhari said...

You summed up my thoughts on friendships too :) I hate how they just lie and don't tell you anything sometimes. It sucks.

Wonderful said...

Seriously!!! The suckiest part of it, is that this friend lives in California, so I can't even have a face to face conversation with her--she hates confrontation anyways but isn't that what friendship is all about? Fighting and then making amends?