Monday, December 21, 2009

Tis The Season

I had an average weekend---called a few friends from college that I have been meaning to call for months. Hung around the house. Wrapped some Christmas gifts. Our tree still isn't decorated. Slept okay, and babysat my 'lil cousin. And then went to church but left after communion. I know, typical Catholic.

Then today I read Du Wax Loolu, and decided to fill out this meme or whatever you call it. You should do if you're avoiding doing any sort of work like I am right now.

Eggnog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate all the way. I think I'd die if I drank eggnog.

Does Santa wrap the presents or leave them open under the tree? Of course he wraps them! If he left them open, there would be no surprises, and you all know how much I love surprises!

Colored lights on a tree or white? I love colored ones but I do have to admit that white ones look so classy.

Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I've always wanted to be kissed underneath one. Any takers?

When do you put your decorations up? At the last minute. That's how my family rolls. Whereas I'm sure normal people put it up like after Thanksgiving or at least the beginning of December.

What is your favorite holiday dish? Anything with meat and potatoes. And cookies or pie or cake. If you couldn't tell, I'm not really picky.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I'm not sure. I guess it depends on how many presents you have under the tree for everyone. Like if I only had one or two presents, I'd rather just wait till Christmas day. That way I'll have more stuff to open.


How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With Christmas ornaments from my childhood and from places I've traveled.We do the colored lights, with strings of pearls and then have a fancy purple cloth that the tree sits on.

Snow: love it or hate it?Of course I have two answers for this one. I love the snow when I have no where to be, am by the fireplace, or under some warm blankets in bed. I hate the snow when I have to drive in it because I turn into a big baby and drive 20 mph.

Can you ice skate? Nope. Ever since a mean boy in middle school hit me on the rink and made me fall on my butt and bruise my tailbone, I've never really recovered. Now I'm that girl that holds on the railing the entire time. Funzies!

What is your favorite holiday dessert? Chocolate sugar cookies or sugar cookies with lemon icing. They are to die for people. Seriously.

What is your favorite holiday tradition? Probably sleeping together with my brothers the night before Christmas and then waking each other up on Christmas day to shouts of excitement that Santa came and seeing the tree with presents.

Candy canes: yum or yuck? Yum. I don't really partake in candy canes but I don't think they are gross.

Favorite Christmas show? It's a Wonderful Life. It's a classic.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Yay! So glad you filled this out. Also, I broke my tailbone once. SO PAINFUL. I imagine that bruising it feels very similar.

Andhari said...

Ahhh all the food talk makes me hungry. I want those cakes and cookies too please!

Wonderful said...

Jess- Yea it was fun to fill out!

Andi- I know, I want cake!