Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend Recap

I seriously don't think I've laughed nearly as much as I have this weekend. On Friday, after work I went to Costco to pick up this amazing cake that I've been craving for months.You see, literally about 4 months ago my uncle had a party and had Costco cake there and let's just say that I ate two pieces that night plus asked for a couple more to go. It was that good. So ever since, I've been craving it. Well, I picked it up on time, but I seriously forgot just how big everything is at Costco.

This cake is 152 oz and almost 10 pounds. Seriously, that's a lot of cake. It's white with vanilla cheesecake filling. So sugary, sweet, but delish.

After finally making it to the birthday girl's place, we raced to Best Buy. The plan was to see the movie Valentine's Day, but we just ran out of time, and we didn't look up times for the late show, and it turned out the birthday girl had already seen it, so we ditched that idea and got take out at Pei Wei for dinner. After eating, we had cake, and then settled in for the night. 

 
The present & dinner

M and I bought the bday girl Scattagories and she lovedddd it. And so it was fitting that we played oh, 12 rounds of it. I told stories and we laughed and drank and had a blast before doing a coloring activity where we had to draw a rosebush and then answer questions about it. (The bday girl is in grad school for counseling). We finally went to bed around 1 a.m. and slept like angels.

On Saturday we woke up and made crepes and watched My Girl and lounged on the couch for a long time. We finally decided to get outside and go run errands, with stops at Target, Walmart, and Best Buy. Then we took the bday girl to Red Robin for lunch and made sure to tell our server that it was her birthday (even if it was earlier this month) so that she would get sung to and free dessert. It was a success! 

After taking her dog to the dog park, we divvied up the leftover cake (there was no way I was taking 9 pounds of cake home--my mom would've killed me) we parted ways. I love my friends and our sleepover memories. It's the best!


 
There's a lot of cake left at this point

After making a pit stop at my uncle's to give him some cake, I came home and relaxed for awhile before I learned that my little cousins were coming over. Let me just say that I was tired, and in no mood to play babysitter, so I made plans with a friend to go to the mall, and to dinner. We ended up eating at C.B. Potts, where I ordered a mini quesadilla and side salad. I didn't get home till close to 10 p.m., and literally fell asleep about 10 minutes later. I was so tired.

Today I woke up early--like 8 a.m.--because I wanted to get a massage with the birthday girl, only by the time we got there, they were already at a 2 hour wait. That's what I get for being cheap and going to the massage clinic where I could get an hour massage for $12.50 a person. But we took it in stride, and went to Einstein's for breakfast and planned to get one next weekend, only this time we're going to get there right when it opens. 

After breakfast, I parked my lazy butt on the couch for a few hours and watched the ridiculous shows that are Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Leave it to Lamas, and Millionaire Matchmaker. I don't normally watch these shows, but they just seemed fitting of my mood to just space out and not think. I lost track of time, and before I knew it, it was time to help my mom make dinner. We made a pot pie with cauliflower, celery, carrots, chicken, and onion. It was good, and then I went to church, where a cute boy sat next to me. 
All in all, I'd say it was a great weekend. I actually got out of the house, laughed off all the calories I consumed, and spent quality time with the people that matter in my life. 

How was your weekend? I hope it was as fun as mine!

2 comments:

Andhari said...

Your weekend sounds fun and MY GOODNESS, that's a lot of cake. I'd want a slice ;D

Wonderful said...

I would totally give you tons of cake if you were around here!