Friday, July 17, 2009

Whew, that was a close one

Okay, so I haven't had much time to blog in the past 48 hours or so, but here's the recap. I'm gonna keep it short & sweet people. I've got things to do, like pack. Yes, I'M GOING TO CHINA! My visa got approved yesterday, and so I should have it in the mail today. YAY! Talk about last minute, but that's how I roll sometimes. At least I getta go.

Other than that, I saw the Harry Potter movie with M on Wednesday night, followed by a short trip to Walmart. My Dad requested that I bring him some peanut butter, jelly, and Honey Nut Cheerios. Yeah, I'm dead serious. Apparently China doesn't have that. And me being the wonderful daughter I am, I said okay, sure Dad. I'm betting that TSA will have a laugh or two when they scan my luggage and see a bunch of food in there. Oh well, as long as it fits.

I saw B last night. I know I said I wasn't going to but I figured since I'll be gone for two weeks, I should at least say goodbye to him. We had a late dinner and talked about life. It was nice to actually talk about something worthwhile for once. I didn't get home until late, and then today I overslept. My alarm didn't go off (totally my fault). But I made it into work today. Whew!

Wish me luck on my China trip. I just need to make it there and then I'll be golden. I doubt I'll be able to blog, so I'm probably going to have guest posts and might even schedule a post or two myself if I have time. So make sure you come back and read me, er my blog. Thanks!

4 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Oh, SO jealous. That is unbelievable... enjoy it!

(If I was somewhere that didn't have PB or HN Cheerios, that is TOTALLY what I would ask for, too...) :-)

samantha said...

When I went to China in 2005 to visit some friends I brought two pairs of men's size giant converse, peanut butter, Captain Crunch, graham crackers, Lush bath products, and several issues of Bust magazine. I felt super foolish when they searched my bag at the airport.

Tellie said...

Whoo have fun in China! I went back in '07 and it was interesting, don't ever want to live there but it was nice getting to learn the culture. And yea, blogging isn't happening with their new firewalls :)

Andhari said...

They don't have that? REALLY? Have your dad tried international grocery store or something?

Have fun in China :)