Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back to myself

I'm doing better than I was before. I had honest conversation with M on Sunday...we got ice cream and I tried an Earl Grey milkshake. Sounds very odd, I know, but it was really good. We needed the time to just hang out and clear the air, and I'm glad we did.

So things with friends are back on track, and work is busier than ever. Our deadlines have moved up, so I have plenty to keep me busy.

And I've been enjoying housesitting for my uncle. I think part of the reason why I'm unhappy is because I live at home. On one hand I want to move out. I found $400 apartment deals. But when I look at the big picture, I think twice about moving out. Because if I can just make it through the rest of the year and pay off my student loan, then I can afford a down payment for a condo (hopefully). I don't want a house at this point because I don't want to take care of the lawn and stuff. I need it simple, and I figure I can always move. The thought of me having my own place is really exciting, and so I think, yeah, that could be worth the wait. And maybe things at home will be better once my brother goes back to college. Then I'll just have my 9-year-old brother and my mom to deal with. And once my Dad comes back from China, that should help too because then I won't feel like a second parent.

I know it'll all work out, but in the meantime, I'm just happy to feel better about things.

No comments: