Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cookie Swap

I'm participating in my first ever cookie swap! I'm really excited. I've been scouring the 'net and asking relatives for recipes.

So far the suggestions I've gotten are for "no bake" cookies from my aunt, my mom's oatmeal raisin recipe, and sugar cookies. I personally want to try making gingerbread cookies, but we'll see. I don't want anything too hard, as I'm most likely going to be taking over my mom's kitchen when I make these because she has a mixer. The people in my group request that there be no nuts in any of the cookies, which I don't mind at all.

Readers: If y'all have any cookie suggestions, let me know!


Here's the cookie swap details:
  • Each person will make 3 dozen cookies and will mail each of their partners 1 dozen cookies along with the recipe.

  • Cookies must be home baked.

  • Cookies must be prepared by adult hands, no little fingers in the dough.

  • All cookies should be mailed by December 6th.

  • Cookies should ship well packaged in air tight containers (like Ziploc bags) and packed well with paper or bubble wrap to avoid breakage.

  • You need not have a blog to swap with us, anyone is welcome!

No comments: