Monday, November 10, 2008

Eeeks! I'm Behind

I'm behind. Yes, on my novel. I didn't write pretty much all last week, because I was either distracted by gentleman callers or too drained both mentally and emotionally. Apparently by today I should be at 15,000 words or so. I'm only at like 11,200. But, yesterday I started out with only 7,000 words. I went to the Denver Public Library and wrote while S worked on his paper. I got alot done, considering I wrote about 4,000 words in about, oh, 3 hours.

I know, it's probably not fair that I'm doing this whole Novel Writing thing because I'm a writer by trade. BUT, I'd like to point out that writing a novel is alot more work than writing about art, or interviewing someone, because you have to actually be creative and think. I know, what a concept. At this point my novel hasn't really evolved yet. I'm still writing about the characters and such. But I'm sure I'll stumble into a plot soon. When I was chatting with L today, she told me that some people in NaNoWriMo are already done! I was like, that's fine, but we're first timers-maybe if we had been doing NaNoWriMo for like 5 or 10 years, then we'd be one of those people. As it is, I'm just trying to keep my head above water. But I'm definitely not giving up. I've come this far, I can keep on writing. Right?

No comments: