Tuesday, August 19, 2008

S.O.S.

Matilda is in need of some serious TLC. I watered her on Friday before I left the office for the weekend, but I forgot to move her to the other side of my desk away from the window, and yesterday I was sick, so I didn't get to water her then either.

Today I walked to my desk to find Matilda's leaves all droopy and weak, and her one strong growing bloom shriveled with a few dead leaves. Her soil was really dry too. I told myself not to panic and I gave her some water ASAP. But, I am panicking. I mean, I was doing SO well. AND to make matters worse, I just bought her a new pot this weekend at Lowe's for $1.87. She was getting so big, I thought it was time for her to be transplanted and even set aside soil from my parents house to put in her new pot.

I would say she's in critical condition; all I can do now is keep watering her, give her some sun, and hope she bounces back.

No comments: