Monday, August 11, 2008

Movies, Movies, Movies

Apparently the summer is almost over. At least that's what the sign at the pool said when I went to the pool on Saturday afternoon. They are having an "end of summer" cookout on the 25th. That's so sad! While I don't want the summer to end, I do look forward to the fall. Fall is so great. I love the chilly weather and the way the leaves crunch under your feet.

Since the parentals are out of town, I helped out and did Andrew's back to school shopping this weekend. It was kinda crazy because I ended up going to Walgreens, Walmart, Target, and Office Depot. BUT it did get done, and I spent less than $60 too. Impressive. I know. I always loved back to school shopping as a kid because I got to get new supplies and a new backpack and lunchbox. I thought it was the coolest thing. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, for it brings back good memories. But, I never realized how much of a pain it can be too. The lists the teachers create are very specific. I had to get an 8 count of Crayola washable markers. Not a 10 count, not ones by Roseart, but that specific brand and everything. Now I know why my parents never really cared when we went shopping--they just wanted to get 'er done.

On Friday M spent the night and we watched the Queen, the movie with Helen Miren in it. It was good, but I guess I was expecting it to be more dramatic. Meh. Either way it was a free movie, as I had rented it from the library. We ate Domino's pizza and had a good time. It was nice to have the company.

On Saturday we raced to the movies and caught the 11:10 showing of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Because we made it before noon, we only had to pay $5. Sweet. The movie was so good! It seriously is just like the first one in that it makes you laugh and cry. I can't wait till it comes out on DVD. I plan to see it with mi madre again soon. After the movie, I went to the pool and swam for an hour or so and then went to the mall. I got a skirt, shirt, and pair of flip flops at New York & Company. Then I headed home and watched the movie 21 with Hailey, our golden retriever mix. The movie was pretty good. We had it just lying around in the basement from Blockbuster. Good stuff.

On Sunday I went to church at Immaculate Heart of Mary, did school supply shopping, and met up with S for boba tea at Lollicup. S tried a cherry-flavored slush with boba for the first time and liked it. I got a passion fruit slush with boba instead of the mango kind I got last time. It was really good. They have so many different flavors and I learned that you can get boba added to flavored iced tea too. I think next time I'm gonna try to add jelly in mine instead of boba because they even have mango jelly or three colored jelly, etc. It seems cool. Anyways, after Lollicup, we headed over to Casa Bonita. M and Kristen had never been there so it was fun to show them around. The place is just as I remember it, with the scary caves, the cliff diver, and the free sopapillas. Afterwards, I continued my quest to finish school supply shopping, and went to Walmart, Walgreens, and Target. And I went to JCPenney's too. I saw a cute skirt that was on sale for $10, but I think I could fit into a smaller size so I didn't get it. I figure I can always go back for it if I really want it. Oh, and I rented Definitely, Maybe and watched that with Hailey last night. It was a cute movie. I would watch it again. That's all I did this weekend. I didn't realize it but I watched a movie a day over the weekend. That like never happens. I usually don't watch movies very often. I like it.

So far today has gone well. I caught the early bus because Hailey woke me up at the ungodly hour of like 5am, and then again at 6:30am. Finally I gave up and got ready for the day. It's really quiet here today. I can't complain, especially because it's already almost lunch time, which means I'm halfway done with work for the day.

No comments: