Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Karma's a bitch

So awhile back, oh maybe Januaryish, a good friend of mine invited me to partake in a week long cruise to the Caribbean. I was hesitant at first but she assured me that all of it would be paid for, even convinced me that we should go on the earlier cruise rather than the one in February. I figured, heck, if it's free, I'll go. Well, I was never entirely 100% excited, I was nervous because I've never been on a cruise, and I'd be around alot of ocean, which unfortunately, the ocean and I are still on the outs. Anyways, I knew she was excited, she'd IM me practically everyday and tell me so. Well as the trip was drawing nearer, and I was asking for days off from work, she changed her mind. All of a sudden she told me, "oh my boss needs me to work, so I can't go. I'm gonna lose $2,000. This sucks." Later, I come to find out via facebook, that she is taking the same girl she took on a cruise last year. Of course she didn't bother to be honest with me. And of course, I was honest with her, and confronted her via IM. No response. Seriously, all I wanted was an apology. Three days, three IMs, and three phone calls later, she finally apologized.

Where does karma's a bitch come into play you ask? Today. For the sake of the convo below, we'll name "good friend" as SA, for self-absorbed. Read the convo below....

SA: hey i have a question
me:
shoot
SA: are you really really busy at work this month
me:
well we have our peak times, and i only have one artist this month so it's not as intense as other months
SA: aww thats not bad
me:
yeah
me:
are you busy this month
SA: umm sorta kinda
SA: i have this issue...i bought a 700 dollar trip to the bahamas next weekend saturday-tuesday with my friend kristina and she cant go anymore....so i either go alone, find a new friend, or forfit....any chance in hell you'd be interested?
SA: it already paid for you just need 2 days off and to get to florida
me:
aw man, i would love to but i'm gonna be out of town for a wedding from sat-monday
SA: awww i see
me:
yeah
me: good luck!


Good luck indeed.

No comments: