Friday, September 5, 2008

One in a Million

Yesterday I finished reading One in a Million, a book written by Kimberla Lawson Roby. The book had a great plot line with a married woman winning the lottery worth 63 million dollars, the husband having an affair and divorcing said woman, the woman's aunt selling her out to the media and soon to be ex-husband, and the accountant who woos the soon-to-be-millionaire. While the plot certainly was exciting, the execution of it faltered. One in a Million was simply a boring read, and the author's words were really cliche. Yes, I did finish it, but when I told M about it, I couldn't even recall what the title of it was. As Simon from American Idol would say, this book was "forgettable." And, really, this proves to me that if she can get this published, then I can too. 

Next Review: Nice Girls Do by Sarah Duncan

No comments: