Friday, September 3, 2010

Travel Fridays: Frisco, CO

Photo Credit: Todd Powell Photography
My parents have been driving me crazy lately, and work has been crazy, and I finally made it to yoga last night because I was forced to because my Groupon was about to expire. Needless to say, I need some quality "me" time. Like, NEED IT NOW. So I just did something spontaneous. I whipped out my credit card, and booked myself a condo for this weekend. Granted, this weekend probably wasn't the best time to stay in the mountains since everyone in their mother will probably be headed up there, but when you need time away, you don't really care. Plus, because I booked it today, I got a last minute special deal.
The pictures online look great. The condo will have a queen bed, and TV. Awesome. I might even bring some movies along with me and some music. I am so excited. And apparently this weekend the town is celebrating Oktoberfest, so there will be plenty of stuff to do.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning and not coming back till Monday. And it will be everything I want it to be--relaxing, fun, and hopefully awesome. (I need to stop saying typing that word now, but you get the jist) I could end up watching tv or reading in bed all weekend, or I could go bike ride from Frisco to Breckenridge, or I could hike, or drink myself into a stupor with hot German men, or go shopping, or meet my future husband in a hot tub. The possibilities are endless.

How are you spending the long weekend?

No comments: