Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday- Took the new drugs for my head cold. Learned that Sudafed makes me jittery and insecure. I was invited to Brinner aka breakfast for dinner at a friend's house. I proceeded to freak out about going there alone, and was dramatically indecisive. I told my mom this, to which she replied, "this is how meth makes people feel." Um, okay. Guess I'll stay away from meth too. I didn't end up going. Instead I hung around the house and then went to bed early. I was super tired anyways.

Saturday- Slept in, hid out from my family aka I didn't go to my uncle's birthday party. I just didn't feel like it. Now that I think of it, I really didn't leave the house much that day either. I spent most of the day in bed, reading. And then I moved to the couch and watched Project Runway. But finally I did go for a drive around the neighborhood, and then actually showered and did my hair and makeup and actually looked presentable because my good friend Jen and her husband were in town. I took them to the Cherry Cricket, where we had rounds of beer and yummy food. It was definitely a good night. And in true Wonderful style, I got lost on the way taking them back to their hotel. But I didn't use my GPS either, so maybe that's where I went wrong.

Sunday-
Woke up surprisingly early, and bought breakfast from Atlanta Bread Company for the fam. I totally had a dream about Jay, the winner from last week's Project Runway challenge. In my dream, he was my hairstylist, and he cut my hair and we talked like we were bffs. Yeah, it was strange.

After breakfast, I drove to Lafayette to check out a place that was listed on craigslist. Basically, the rent was super cheap, the people seemed nice, and I had already blown the girl off the day before, so I went. And, well, the room was definitely small. Like the girl now has a twin bed in there and a small dresser. But my bed is a full, and i have a huge dresser. I'm pretty sure there's no way I could get it to fit, even though I did send her the measurements and she thinks it will work out. Besides that, I realized I have alot of stuff. And their lease ends July 31, so I'm not sure if it's worth it to move now and then have to move again in a few months. So I left confused, but by the end of the day I realized that it's just not the right fit.

So in a random mood, I posted an ad on craigslist looking for my own apartment or condo. And so far I've gotten like two legitimate responses. Everyone else has been a male (not gonna work), looking for a roommate (Um, I said 1 BEDROOM), or they want me to "check out my credit score." (No thanks.)

The search continues....

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Andhari said...

Good luck finding a place! I think somehow it's supposed to be a little tough and it's a right call to not settle for less than what you've expected :)

I like your weekend, sounds so relaxing :)