Monday, May 3, 2010

Free me baby...

This entire weekend I did something liberating.

I didn't wear my watch.

Now, I know most of you are thinking to yourselves, "so, whatever, that's not liberating." But to me it is. You see, I wear this silver and gold Fossil watch, and I literally never take it off--unless I'm getting some sort of massage. I've worn it while swimming, in the shower, doing yardwork...you name it, I've probably had it on my wrist. But this weekend, while I took my second bikham yoga class ever in my life, I removed it. And I didn't put it back on. Even as I type this, I'm not wearing it. And I feel so free. Sure, there's a part of me that wonders what time it is, but that's why I have my cell phone.


What makes you feel liberated? Is it going a day without showering? Wearing sweats to the store? Or maybe letting go of your inner critic?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been turning off my cell phone lately and feeling the same way!

I don't care if you're trying to get a hold of me, I'm concentrating on ME right now.

xo

Rathi said...

I loved this idea.... I guess you read my comment there on 20SB

Wonderful said...

Taylor- I try to turn off my phone every Sunday, just to give myself a break, and it's fantastic!

Ratz- I loved your idea of giving up FB and Twitter!