Friday, March 26, 2010

Life is fragile

Where have I been?

I'll tell you where I've been.

At the hospital. On and off since Wednesday.

I wasn't the one taken to the ER room. My mom was. She was poked and prodded, IVed up, cried, laughed, and sorta of slept. Oh, and she got like four units of O positive blood.

The hospital is not a happy place. Although our nurse Sarah was a delight. She was positive and caring and just overall had very nice bedside manners.

But it's pretty depressing to be in the hospital. The unknown is scary. Not mention that unless you're in the baby wing, there's really not a lot of people that are healthy. In fact, I bet a lot of people are dying.

Thankfully my mom is at home now, where I've been caring for her because no one else in my family is around. There's a lot of decisions that have to be made in the coming days, but I am thankful for my life.

Life is fragile.

6 comments:

Andhari said...

:( i'm sorry about your mom,hope she's feeling better by now. Hospitals always depress me so i know how you feel.

Anonymous said...

*hugs*
It's scary when you're faced with that kind of situation... I'm so sorry and hope everything gets better soon!

xoxo

Holly Renee said...

I hope your mom heals up soon. Sorry to hear about the hospital stay. Good thoughts go with you.

Wonderful said...

Andhari- She's got a doctor's appt tomorrow, so we'll see what the other test results say.

Taylor- thanks for the hugs, I needed them so much!

Holly- Thanks, my mom needs all the positivity she can get right now.

Just A Girl said...

If you need anything, call me. For serious. I'm like, 10 minutes away and all.

Wonderful said...

Just A Girl- Seriously, I might take you up on that. My dad is back but is being a huge jerk, and my mom has started to bleed again. I can't seem to catch a break around here...